Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Here and There

This is here, in Florida. Where it doesn't snow.

This is one of our Chinaberry trees. We consider this a weed tree, because you see, it grows no matter what you do to it. It drops these chinaberries that look like a bunch of ugly grape shaped clusters and just litters up the yard. Our bird friends then scatter the seeds by their very own special seed delivery system. They pop up all over the place. You just can't get rid of them. But they do have pretty blooms. This is the tree that BubbaLou picked those blossoms from. It is hard to see them in the picture, but they are way up in the tops of the tree.

She can really swing that golf club!


This is there in Tennessee, where it does snow. It looks very cold.

My CuzinAmy sent me these pictures of the snow, she wanted me to remember the good times. She was happy, she was excited, she got a snow day!

Did you know that teachers get excited over snow days just like the kids?

I know two teachers who are like that. MzAmy and MzLisa.

Yes, CuzinAmy, the thought of snow days does bring back fond memories. I loved to sit in front of the TV, anxiously watching Snowbird and waiting for him to announce that Davidson county had no school that day. There is nothing like getting a snow day! Except maybe playing in it!

I also remember the snow cream. I loved snow cream. Snow cream tasted as good as snow smells. I guess it wouldn't be safe to eat snow cream anymore. So sad.

I also remember attempting to walk down our driveway to my car, so that I could venture over to MzLisa's house to pass the snow day away, when I fell flat on my tooshy! I must have been a site to behold as I crawled up the icy drive to the snowy sidewalk and then back into the house where I almost blacked out from the pain. Ahhh, memories.


Psalms 147:16

He spreads snow like a blanket and scatters frost like dust.

2 comments from my readers:

Anonymous said...

HERE, in Tennessee, the snow does come - but lately it only last for an hour or so then goes away. There is alot of blowing, but not alot of STICKING - which is the fun part. I would like just one good snow for the girls = where they could get out and sled and have snowball fights. Of course, I also wish our warmer days would get here soon - like your days THERE. Ah well - will enjoy the blowing snow and will wait for the sunshine - all in due time.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late checking out your blog. When we went back to school the following day, a couple of my girls made a "baby" snowman during recess. He was so cute, but, alas, no camera to capture his cuteness! Since our snow day, it proceeded to warm up to 60 and 70 degree days! It was beautiful all weekend, but it is turning cold again. We may have more snow this week and only two weeks from our spring break.