Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

I am lagging behind! In everything; my Bible studies, my reading, my blogging, and unfortunately my housework. I do have an excuse. I was busy! I am trying hard to catch up on everything. I even got to day 3 in my Beth Moore homework this week. I just let everything fall apart as I was preparing this Thing for work. I have been trying to get this Thing done for a while. Okay, a couple of years. I have been working on it... Slowly. But I got it done, and turned it in. I made it to the box. The box was somewhat of a let down, a plain brown box. I had trouble putting the Thing into the box, I couldn't seem to turn it the right way. I got flustered putting a file of important papers and letters into a brown box! AND... there were no trumpets, no chorus singing, no confetti, no snacks or drinks. Just a box. Now I wait. 4-6 weeks.

So while I am waiting, I will catch up! I started with my Bible and then I moved to housework and then to my book. I need to work on all of them daily to catch up.

Yuck! I hate housework. BubbaLou doesn't like it either. Unfortunately, we still have to do it. It is one of those things in life that you really try to figure out a way to make it bearable. One way I have found, is to get your child to help, whether they like it or not. I made BubbaLou clean her room. Is that asking too much? I didn't think so. She just can't see the logic. I tried to tell her I am doing her a favor, I am catching her up too. See, if I fall behind, so does everyone else.
Popsaroo took pity on her and offered to trade his veg-out TV time to help clean her room. He has my nomination for Dad of the Year! However, this trade-off just made him grumpy enough to think we had bad attitudes. He thought I was too happy. What? A girl can't dance and sing along with KC and the Sunshine Band while she cleans the dishes?

He thought she was too, well, I don't really know. I don't think BubbaLou was too happy. She came in and asked me, no, told me, " Mom, quit singing. Me and Popsaroo don't want to hear you sing!" And then stomped off to her room as I called, "Go put your music on so you can't hear me sing!"

Popsaroo called me into the bedroom after finally getting my attention in the midst of Shake, shake, shake and wiping off the kitchen counter. He had found two unopened Christmas cards under BubbaLou's bed. One from my Uncle Eddie and Aunt Betty and one from my friend Chris. I can't even imagine how they got under her bed. Well, yes I can, but I don't really want to go there. Oh joy! A little Christmas in Febuary. Another little something to make me smile while cleaning the house.

They finally finished up, and do you know that Popsaroo came out and called us curlish?

Hmmph! He called us curlish!
Hmmm. He has been reading my blog. I had to correct him, "Churlish" I said.

"Yeah, you both are curlish!" he insisted, with a little smirk all over his churlish face.


Proverbs 17:12 It is better to meet a mother bear robbed of her cubs than to meet some fool busy with a stupid project.

0 comments from my readers: