Friday, February 8, 2008

Mummsaroo, I want to do chores for FUN!

Ohhh, BubbaLou has done it now. She has gone and gotten carried away with her housekeeping skills. One little prompt to clean her room, and now I just can't take her anywhere! I took her to the Florida State Fair today, and all she wanted to do was chores. For FUN! I just can't believe it!

First, she had to pump the water. She actually had to wait in a small line to pump the water. What fun she had. She even used the gourd bowl to move water from one bucket to the next and then she pumped some more. Smiling the entire time. Hmmm, I don't remember her smiling when she was cleaning her room.
Here she is scrubbing clean diapers the old fashioned way with two strokes of lye soap. She waited in a big line to do this. Can you believe it? After finding out that lye soap contains animal fat, she was a little put off. She walked away saying, "I can't believe I touched animal fat!"
Diapers must be ironed. Every baby must have wrinkle free cloth diapers! What a good little housekeeper. She doesn't want to admit these are real diapers. She says they are just cloths that you wrap around a baby's butt.
What? Now she is even is grinding corn! The man said they used the very fine powder for baby bums. Of course BubbaLou, being the make-up expert that she is, pointed out that it could be used for face powder.
On to hard labor. She must find time to squeeze sugar cane. Oh, this was fun and sweet!
She bonded with the cow while completing the chore of brushing the cow. She went back several times to brush the cow, and before we left, she said good-bye and then hugged the cow around the neck. She claims she misses her cow friend, and says that I owe her a cow.
Yes, that's right folks. She even milked a cow. Udder and all. The cow milking lady even presented her with sticker that says...I milked a cow at the Fair. Oh, and by the way, I got a sticker too. First cow I ever milked. It was a big day for both of us!

What was the reward for all her hard work,you ask? Why, she got to wear a sealion on her head, of course! Did you ever hear of a sealion at the state fair? This picture only cost me $10 for a polaroid and a chance to use my own digital camera to capture this fine moment in BubbaLou's life. I am soooo proud!

0 comments from my readers: