Sunday, November 11, 2007

I am FREE!!!!

I celebrated freedom this weekend. The freedom to worship God with all my heart, mind, and soul. I along with others sang along with Sandi Patti, Nicole C. Mullen, Anita Renfroe and Sheila Walsh. We listened to Patsy, Marilyn, and Anita and laughed till we cried, we listened to stories that made us cry and so we comforted each other. We raised our hands in worship of our Most High God, we lifted our burdens and our squeals of laughter to Him. We raised the roof with Nicole C. Mullen! It was truly a WOF(women of faith) weekend with Max Lucado, Patsy Clairmont, Marilyn Meberg, and Carol Kent.

Check out my slideshow!!! It does have some video in it, so if you still have dial up, it may be slow. Hopefully all of you with quick connections will not have any problems. Be patient for it.

Anita sang her underwire song and her mommy song and did her pursonility skit. We thoroughly enjoyed laughing with her. According to her I am the one that will land you in jail and talk about what fun we had. I was carrying a purse with a palm tree with beaded sequins and beads. I also had two smaller purses inside my larger purse. I would like to say that I am not a trouble maker, but I do like to have fun! The better I know you, the more fun I have. My daughter wanted her autograph, but I missed her meet and greet session, so I just told her all about it.

Sandi Patti sang just like always. Hitting notes that I didn't even know existed like it was nothing. She sang, and at one point was struck by the Spirit to the point that she couldn't. It was awesome. It was neat to hear her again. I was a big fan as a teenager and I saw her in concert then. She has been down the road with her own issues, but as she says, our God is the God of second chances. And third and fourth............(the third and fourth were my own.)

Nicole C. Mullen rocked the roof off the place. I have been to many concerts in my life, but none, has struck me like she did. She rallied the entire multitude of women to cry out claiming the freedom that God gives us. She had a group of kids with her that danced and she is mentoring them. One of them has been on Oprah due to his ability to sing the most awesome Oscar Mayer Weiner song. He sang it for us.

Nicole Johnson (who was new to me) was great! She performed dramatizations. One was about Mary and Martha-that was my favorite. Another was about the Legion who cut himself with stones, and the last was about Judas.

Patsy Clairmont had us rolling in the aisles. So full of spunk, fashion, and humor. She had me tearing up though when she shared about her husband who was a brittle diabetic and he kept walking even though the doctors didn't understand how. He kept putting one foot in front of the other and how after a heartbreak they experienced, he came around the car and danced with her while music in the neighborhood played. This reminded me so much of my own father, who kept putting one foot in front of the other and served God until he just was no longer able.

Lucy Swindoll was a hoot! She shared the funniest story about a cruise that she took. She met a fellow that juggled, but he juggled knives on a unicycle on a boat in the middle of the ocean. He even added balloons. He kept cutting himself, but never gave up. She compared that to life. We don't see what is coming and end up like him, with lots of bandaids. God is ready to heal us.

Marilyn Meberg was also so very funny with the ajax sticker story. But she also made us cry sharing the story of her daughter that only lived 15 days.

Sheilah Walsh sang over the rainbow. What a beautiful voice she has. She shared the neatest story about her son, who loves and rescues animals. He brought home a baby bird he had found, and told her that they had to feed it every hour during the night. She wasn't to excited about that but when she voiced complaint, he said, "but it will die." So she got up each hour in the night and fed the bird who was ready and waiting. They took it to a bird rescue place the next day. They walked in to find an owl with a broken beak and a one legged duck that were the best of friends. When she asked why these birds were getting along, she was told they do get along when they are broken.

Carol Kent shared the tragic story of her son, but also told how they had CHURCH in prison each Sunday. How he is dedicated to witnessing to thousands of inmates.
Max Lucado shared his vision of John 3:16. It is the WHOEVER that is so welcome in God's Kingdom. Are you a WHOEVER?????

1 comments from my readers:

Anonymous said...

Talk about Freedom!! WOW - it was an awesome conference - I felt like Max was talking to me when he reminded us that death bed conversions were the same in the eyes of God as those who walk with Him for years. After bringing my father to Christ just one day before he passed on it truly hit home and now I know that my father is a WHOEVER! Great blog Carmen!
Tracy