Monday, November 5, 2007

Are they muffins or cupcakes?


Kelly's birthday was yesterday, and I made him pumpkin muffins..or cupcakes. I am not sure that I could tell. They didn't quite rise like a muffin but they did not have a ton of icing on top like a cupcake. I bought icing and was shot down, he said he didn't want that stuff! Now how do you do a birthday without icing?????? I compromised. I had seen a recipe that you mix just a can of pumpkin and a spice cake mix together and cook. Hmmmm, I wasn't sure about that, so I created my own. How do you think they look? I sprinkled some oatmeal on top like you would a muffin, but then I put a Scooby Doo candle right in the middle. So I have decided to call them muffcakes!
Pumpkin Birthday muffcakes
1 box of spice cake mix
1 can pumpkin
2 eggs
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup of water
Sprinkles of oatmeal
Mix it up and put into muffcake pan. Sprinkle on some oatmeal. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean. It made about 15 muffcakes.
Haley went crazy with them, she really liked them. Kelly did too, but I think he had second thoughts about the icing. I am going to make some more of these to take to the eleventh week of the Daniel Bible study tomorrow. It is my turn.
I have seen a pumpkin dumpcake recipe that I want to try. Maybe for turkey day!!!

3 comments from my readers:

Anonymous said...

Carmen,
These muffcakes sound really good. When you come up with that dump cake - I'd love that recipe too - anything easy - that's for me!

I'm across the hall from your Daniel Bible study (Mary & Martha study) - make one extra for me ok? :)
Lori Chirico

Anonymous said...

I had great time studying Daniel with you,Comfet,Cathy,and Alix.I'm glad to see you using your gifts with this blog.
God Bless,
Patty

Carmen said...

I thouroughly enjoyed the Daniel Bible study too! I was so glad to make new friendships with all of you. Can't wait till the next one.
Patty, thanks for your pumpkin dump cake recipe! I am posting it here because I hear several people found it to be wonderful and they want the recipe! So here it is ladies!!!!!
Carmen

Here is the recipe for Pumpkin Dump Cake.

1 can 15oz. pumpkin 1box yellow supermoist cake mix
1 15oz can of evaporated milk
1 1/3 sticksof butter

3 eggs

1 cup sugar (I use ¾)

1 ½ tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. vanilla

½ tsp. salt

Mix and pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish

Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture. Melt butter

And drizzle on top of cake mix.

Bake at 350 for 50 min. Make sure it is set. Let cool and servewarm.



The best way to serve this is with Breyers Fried ice cream. It is not easy to find but it has cinnamon and caramel in it …..Yum!!! Then top it with some whipped cream. It is my favorite desert.

Enjoy!!

Patty