Thursday, November 20, 2008

Growing up

BubbaLou is growing up! Once upon a time, she wasn't this tall, she was a wee babe that walked around theme parks that had rides for the little people. She is spoiled! I admit it. It is not all children that get to know theme parks like Disney, Universal, and Busch Gardens like the back of their hand.

Being an only child has its advantages when you live only a hop, a skip, and a jump away from Orlando. We rotate the seasonal and annual passes for the parks and enjoy just about every minute of it. We occassionaly take advantage of the hotels in the area-wait, maybe they take advantage of us. Hmmmm. Anyhoo, most times, we just drive up for the day or afternoon. Popsaroo has even been known to pick her up from school on Fridays(while I am at work) and take her to ride some roller-coasters. I think he is the biggest kid-maybe she isn't an only child.

Last Christmas, we went up to Universal for the afternoon. We had spent the morning with Mums and Mummy Iris, but decided to venture out and about. I know it is a little different, but it was better than sitting around with nothing to do. It was very Christmasy. They were playing carols that included Jesus and they were wishing people a Merry Christmas. We totally enjoyed it. The employees, though working on Christmas seemed to enjoy it too. Popsaroo and BubbaLou horsed around and it made for a not so bloated, sleepy afternoon. It also distracted my mind, because I was missing my Santa. They make me laugh, they are a good team!
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?Anonymous

2 comments from my readers:

Anonymous said...

she is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Glad you didn't have to cook on Thanksgiving... we usually only have to cook one thing, so its not that bad (gotta love shared responsibilities) I think the pan I was using just simply wasn't deep enough- learned my lesson!