Thursday, October 30, 2008

I am in the mood for pumpkin!

I have had a busy couple of weeks, between working and shuffling BubbaLou around to fall fun events, there is just so little time to express myself! But today, after the drama of the morning, which was walking a limping BubbaLou to school (Yes, the drama queen has sprained her ankle, or so she says. It looks fine, but I am teasing her about the Halloween that wasn't), I decided I was in the mood for pumpkin. We don't even have our jack-o-lantern yet, that is on our list TO DO today, but I did have a can of Libby's pumpkin on my shelf. Pancakes! Pumpkin Pancakes! That sounds like a mighty fine breakfast for me! I whipped them up and savored each bite! They are not Mimi's, with the yummy apples on top, but they aren't as fattening either!

Pumpkin Art by BubbaLou
Pumpkin Pancakes
I made just enough for me and Thomas the dog
1 cup of Heartsmart bisquick
1/3 Libby's pumpkin
about a tsp, or maybe a Tbsp of pumpkin pie spice
1 egg
3/4 cup of skim milk
Stir, pour your pancakes the way you like them on the griddle, and cook.
I used SmartBalance and Hungry Jack Lite syrup
YUM!!!!

0 comments from my readers: