Thursday, October 9, 2008

Here, the fall leaves are brown!

Fall is here and pumpkins are popping up everywhere! This is a super fun time of year for young and old. BubbaLou got to pick out her costume tonight! She is going to be a.... sorry, top secret information. If I tell, she might have to insist on a whole new outfit! We can't have that, now, can we?!

I love watching the leaves change, but I don't get to see to much of that anymore. There is one little spot, as you round the corner to my house that has a few trees that actually have other colors than just brown. It took me four years after moving down to Florida to figure out what month it was. I see the subtle changes now, like pumpkins in roadside stands and leaves beginning to turn brown, but it is not a true golden and red leaf fall that sets your soul to wonderment and awe. So, I have to rely on memories of my beloved Tennessee falls...

memory fade in
The last 2 weeks of October were always my favorite. This is the time in Tennessee when all the leaves were at their most beautiful. I even had favorite streets to drive down in which the trees canopied the road, leaves would fall as you drove under them. The air was crisp and fresh with an intoxicating breeze, my eyes filled with the beauty around me, and my heart praised God. When I find myself prompted by nature, I am always reminded that He will not let me forget that He made it for us to enjoy because He loves us and is glorified!
memory fade out


Isaiah 45:18
For this is what the LORD says-he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited. Not only did he make it for us, but he filled it with his glory.
Isaiah 6:3
"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

1 comments from my readers:

Anonymous said...

ahh..fall...

I think I have so much to say because of the long absence- oh yeah and the lack of adult conversation during the day! :)