Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Fat Tommy

This is Fat Tommy.
He does not live with us.
He lives with Mums.
Thank Goodness!
Fat Tommy has had a hard life, but it could have been harder. His first owner passed away and he has been passed around to different church members willing to share their home with him for a while.

Guess who is always a sucker for a fuzzy face?? Mums and Mummy Iris.
Mummy Iris tried to put on like they didn't need a cat, she argued for all of 5 minutes. She laid eyes on Fat Tommy, and well, she was ready to cuddle and provide meaty treats.

Guess who is runny the household now? That's right, Fat Tommy. He passes by his food dish about every 15 minutes while awake, and demands meaty goodness anytime he pleases.

I asked Mums what happens if you just try to feed him once a day. She replied, "He meows and meows, bats at the food bag, and just won't let up until you put some meaty delicacy on his dish."

Did I mention, he doesn't like chicken prepared on a George Forman grill. Sorry George, Fat Tommy isn't a sucker for an imfo-commercial. He actually took a paw to Mummy Iris when she offered him a piece. She was so in love with him, she just found it funny!

He also has snooty musical tastes. He doesn't enjoy the harmonica. How they can even stand to have that snooty cat in the house is beyond me! Why, you have to enjoy the harmonica to be a part of the family.

BubbaLou found a harmonica that had belonged to PappaBobby and was just playing away. I know she would have made PapaBobby proud with her attempts. Tommy became annoyed. He climbed onto Mums lap looking quite peeved, and then when BubbaLou blew out one to many notes on that wonderful harmonica, he jumped up and bit her in the head. My BubbaLou, bitten in the head by a fat cat!

Don't worry, he didn't draw blood, and BubbaLou was highly shocked that he had bit her in the head. Mums said BubbaLou was laughing. At least she wasn't crying because she had been mangled by a cranky fat cat.

Oh, and did I tell you about the phone call I got last night from Mummy Iris? She called to say the cat was sick. "How is he sick?" I asked.
"I don't know, but he is sick?" says Mummy Iris.
So I ask, "Well, what is he doing that makes you think he is sick, what are is symptoms?"
"He is just lying there! Here talk to your Mums." she passes the phone to Mums.
"Is the cat sick?"I ask.
She poses the question, "Do you know a vet that stays open this late? Mummy Iris thinks he is sick."
"Do you know how much it costs to go to an after hours vet? What is wrong with him?"I ask.
"He is just laying there."
"Is he asleep?" I ask.
"Well, I don't know."she says.
"What does he do when you pick him up?"
"Well, I haven't picked him up." she says.
"Go pick him up and see what he does!"I ordered.
She puts the phone down...I hear "MEOW, MEOW" She comes back to the phone.
"I hear him in the back ground, he doesn't sound sick" I say.
"He is helping Mummy Iris open a can of food."she replies.
"So he was asleep?" I ask laughing at them.
"yes" she said meekly.

Did I mention he weighs 15lbs?

Fat CAT!

3 comments from my readers:

Anonymous said...

Fat Tommy is a big cat! But here is one TWICE his size!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=558714&in_page_id=1770

Anonymous said...

My grandparents are the folks who found Fat Tommy. My grandma called me today to tell me to google your blog name and read your story to see the picture. I am so glad that Fat Tommy has a great home now; my papaw loved the cat a lot!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.