Saturday, April 5, 2008

Beads, Beads, Beads!

Beads. People go absolutely berserk over beads. Little shiny beads of plastic cause them to scream, reach, and jump higher than they have in their entire lives. They loop them over their necks as fast as they can, they want more. People will do all sorts of crazy things for beads.

I never knew this until we went to the Mardi Gras parade at Universal. It was the first parade I had been to where they threw beads. Wow! It was really loud. There were tons of people, because of course, it was spring break. Everyone was reaching for beads.

Did I tell you it was loud? It was. Very. But sorta fun, too. Popsaroo put 86lb BubbaLou on his shoulders! Yes, Popsaroo is big and strong, *twitter.* He held her up there the entire time. We came away with 15 strands of beads and one coin. They were quite heavy, I only know this because BubbaLou got tired of wearing the weight around her neck and I had to walk to the car with them around mine.

I have learned something from this. People go into a frenzy over beads. Plastic, shiny beads. I have come to the conclusion, that this is the secret to the presidential election. The candidate that will throw beads at their rallies, will probably, more than likely WIN, by a landslide.

People gotta have those beads!

The gator float-the last float, and I think it was my favorite.

0 comments from my readers: