Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Look out 2008, Here I Come

Ahhh! The first day of 2008 started out with a backache, burnt pancakes, and a grumpy attitude. It got better after pumpkin pancakes(that were not burned), a glass of tea, and some ibuprofen. Then it was time for the black-eyed peas, ribs, and chicken. I got to make Memphis magic dust and prepared the ribs and chicken for the oven. Slow cooked and yummy. I don't cook them very often, but they are good when I do! My husband and I had decided that dessert was not necessary, my daughter had other thoughts. She decided a cake was needed and brought the box to me as we were finishing dinner. Why not? So a carrot cake we made as we sipped on hot cocoa with plenty of whipped cream and marshmallows.

I lived it up today, but no more. No more eating like Santa Claus, tomorrow we eat healthy! We can not eat like Santa 365 days of the year. My husband is siked, my daughter is not so pleased-more like insulted that we would include her in the healthy habit. Too bad.

Even though I ate like Santa today, I did start a healthy habit for 2008. I started the Engage the Journey Bible Study online, a chronological read through the Bible for 2008. I sat down and started reading Genesis 1,2, &3 and I felt so much calmer. I think this will be very fun and challenging, especially since I plan to do Beth Moore's Patriarchs Bible study starting Jan 15. Hmmm, homework might be quite the challenge. Oh well, sounds like I will have plenty of reading material that will only change my life for the better. Look out 2008, here I come!

0 comments from my readers: