Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Mary Christmas in the midst of chaos

My dog is in the doghouse. He actually ran like a wild thing into some one's home today. His excuse was that there was a cat and that he is responsible for chasing cats. I didn't get the full story because my husband was so mad he could not see straight, except that it was a fiasco. My daughter and I however, were able to laugh which only made my husband madder!

My daughter is in the doghouse because she got in trouble at school today for talking and got her color changed to yellow. If she was yellow, Thomas(our dog) must be on fire-engine red. The problem with that is dogs are color blind! My daughter, however, confessed as soon as she got in the car. She wanted to know if I was mad. I told her I was going to let her Dad be mad about that because we already had unresolved issues from the morning get-to-school routine!

Tonight, she gave me a good laugh as we were coming home from swim practice. Out of the blue, she says, "Mommy, I know why they say Merry Christmas!" I thought, this should be good, "Why is that?" I asked.
"You know, mommy Mary!" she said.
I had a good laugh over that one, I almost didn't want to tell her any different. I am so glad that she is looking for the Christ child and his Mommy Mary in Christmas. My goal this year, is to make sure that my family is really getting the true meaning of Christmas. It is such a sad thing that we are in a society that is so politically correct that we now hesitate to wish or write Merry Christmas and we even have to search through all the Happy Holiday cards to find a Merry Christmas card.
The birth of a baby that gave mankind a gift of eternal life has given us the chance to celebrate a True Christmas. One that we create to honor Him. It doesn't matter that Dec. 25 is not His actual birthday or that it took the place of a pagan holiday, what matters is what we do with it. We choose to celebrate Christmas, not just a holiday. We choose Jesus.
I was given this Sunday:
It is true that Jesus is the reason for the season. It is also true that when I accepted Him as my Messiah, I became a reason for the season. I am the reason He was abused, pierced, crushed, and silent. I am the reward and honor for His sacrifice. I am His birthday present.
So......

Mary Christmas
I am so glad that God chose Mary to give birth to our Savior!
Can you imagine being Mary, talk about getting to sit at our Lord's feet, she got to stare into His eyes and watch him while he slept. Can you imagine what He must have mused over as a child, what were the things He said that made her laugh? What joy she pondered in her heart!

1 comments from my readers:

Kathie said...

I'm loving your blog, Carmen.