Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Haley

We have been as busy as an elf in Santa's workshop this past week! This has been the busiest week of the year since our daughter, Haley was born eight years ago. December 8th is her birthday and every year we juggle preparing for her birthday and Christmas. We can never seem to get our tree until after her birthday, which is probably a good thing. That way we can separate her birthday from Christmas, but then we find ourselves racing to get it done.



I started the week out by working every other day and then attending a Christmas dinner at church. On Friday night after a long day at work, I was rushing to get Haley's birthday party ready for Saturday at 1 o'clock! I started to panic when the birthday cookie wasn't coming together as expected and I had to start over by pulling the Pillsbury dough boy tube of gingerbread out of the fridge to make a new cookie(Beaker shaped) for the Mad Scientist party. I finally got ready to ice the cookie when I couldn't find my icing tips! Ugh! So I decorated the t-shirts for their lab coats into the wee hours of the night, they turned out very good-thank goodness. I got up early Saturday morning and went to Walmart to get icing tips, came back home iced the cookie, and we finally went off to breakfast, I was starving!


We had not even tested the experiments out, just gathered supplies, so I had to hurry over to my Mom's to get everything set up and ready. I heard my husband comment about a million times over that 16 hours how unprepared we were and he would wonder aloud how we were ever going to pull off such a feat!?! You can just imagine how helpful that observation was, but we(my mother and I) had planned, gathered supplies, and tested, but the clock just ticked faster as my husband was watching the tube of wonders (t.v.) and waiting for 1 o'clock to attend the party. We finally badgered him into coming over to help! He did a great job ordering the pizza and entertaining the kids until it was time to start.



I have to admit, we had a great party. We had neat and messy experiments for the girls to do, a bounce house, and we put dry ice in the punch-too cool. We finished the party off with diet coke and mentos explosions. This was very fun and the girls loved it. My hypothesis was that the girls would have fun with the diet coke explosions. I did not realize the other equation that occurred:

excitement( bounce house and experiments)+sugar(cake and punch)+experiments(diet coke+mentos)= Diet Coke Incident.



It was during the spray fight that I heard squealed, "This is the best birthday party ever!!!!" Ahhhh, the sound of squealful, joyful, little girl happiness. What more could a mother ask for, except for her baby to be blessed.

Blessings my eight year old wonder!
Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them.....When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there. Matthew 19:13, 15

0 comments from my readers: