Friday, December 21, 2007

My Christmas Miracle



Off to the store I went with a grocery list in hand. Toilet paper topped the list since we only had half rolls in each bathroom with no backup and I had work the next day. I hopped in my car and pulled out of the drive and had just gotten around the corner when I felt gravel under the right tires and lost control of the car. I struggled to get the car under control and just as I thought I had, the car whipped away from me, spinning backwards towards a deep ditch. All I could think was the ditch was coming and my car would flip. The car was tilting and I was bracing myself for the flip, when the car stopped. I was alive, the car was sideways, and I was shaking so hard that I couldn't think straight. I was afraid to move, what if the car tipped and flipped? So I sat still and reached for my phone. As I was thanking God, I called home. I knew my husband was in the garage with his ear buds in and my daughter had been finishing her bath so of course I got the answering machine. I left a message-what else! I am so glad God does not have an answering machine! I called again as I was thanking God, my daughter picked up wanting to know the details of the conversation I was planning to have with her DAD! I finally convinced her to give the phone to my husband without telling her anything so I could hear the sweet noble calming voice of my husband.
"I'm scared!" I said as calmly as I could without crying. I went on to tell him that I was sideways in a ditch and it was a miracle I did not flip. But, I was stuck! I couldn't get out, I had no footing. If I opened the door, the car would either flip or I would fall into the deep ditch. I waited as cars zoomed past in the night, waiting for my husband to rescue me. I could hear voices and rolled down my window, two men had stopped to make sure I was okay. They waited with me until my husband arrived, helped me get out of the car from the other side, and helped my husband get the car out of the ditch. Chivalry is not dead! Thank you fellas!


I had several angels that night, the one that God sent to keep me from flipping over in a ditch where I may have been hurt or even killed and probably not found for several days, and the wonderful men that he sent that stopped to help a damsel in distress!


I have to tell you, I felt like Fat Charley in my last post. I lost my footing but God picked me up, dusted me off, and I walked away shaking and praising God without a scratch on me! It sure felt good to stand on good solid soil! I told my daughter that God's angel helped to stop my car from flipping and that He was watching over me. Over all of us. According to my husband, we are all going to church Sunday to thank the BIG GUY! This has been my Christmas miracle! What's yours?

I must have read this scripture twenty times that night....

If you make the Most High you dwelling--
even the LORD, who is my refuge--
then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels
concerning you
to gaurd you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot
against a stone.
Psalm 91:9-12

0 comments from my readers: