Sunday, December 23, 2007

Fat Charley's Angel

Meet Beth, she is the angel that sits on top of our tree this year. My daughter named her Beth, short for Bethlehem. She is a new addition to our Christmas decor that my daughter brought home from school on Friday. I have to admit, I was surprised that she would get to make an angel in school, public school, where everything is to be censured and politically correct. She must have thought I was losing my hearing because I asked her twice where she had made it. I said in disbelief, "You made this at school?! What if someone didn't believe in angels? "

"Everyone believes in God in my class this year. Only Ian doesn't believe in the devil."she replied. I just looked at her.

"What do you want to do with the angel?" I asked.

"Put it on top of the tree!" she said like she couldn't believe I was asking. I was in shock, okay! I marched over to our tree, Fat Charley, and plopped that angel on top where only a bow had been placed because nothing else fit. Beth fit perfectly! I just had to take her picture:) I am not really sure how Beth slipped through the public school system to end up on our tree, but God does. He is always full of surprises!



This is a nativity set that my mother-in-law gave us last night. She had it in a box and was trying to find a home for it. I unwrapped it and found it to be little children! How sweet! Children are so innocent and have that childhood faith that allows them to love the baby Jesus. It allows them to make angels and decorate their goody bags with manger scenes and the Star of Bethlehem without worries of being politically correct. That is the way it should be.
Even Jesus had to deal with politics. He certainly did not meet any one's political agenda! That baby, born in a manger, under a star, while cattle lowed near by, and wise men traveled afar, changed the world forever. No matter what the kids get to make in school or what is said in class or what is written on money can ever undo what God has done by sending His son to earth to become Savior to the world. They can try, but they can not change what Jesus has accomplished.
We will just have to seek to live for Jesus a little more, wish more people Merry Christmas and show our love to others so that they will know that Jesus loves the little children and all the people of the world.

He has brought down rulers from their thrones

but has lifted up the humble. Luke 1:52

1 comments from my readers:

Lennea said...

Congratulations Carmen! You have won a gift from Creative Call Studios for your participation in the Happy Birthday Jesus Party! To receive your gift, please e-mail me you address to onceuponacottage@yahoo.com.
Thanks,
Lennea