Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Marshmallows

No food speaks of holidays as strongly as the marshmallow. It is one of my favorite foods. Of course it belongs in that very tiny portion of the food pyramid that you can barely see. One big marshmallow is bigger than that little allowable sweet tip of the pyramid. Oh, I forgot, I was never that good at geometry or fractions. I think I will just move the marshmallow down to the base of the food pyramid for the time being-it is Christmas time ya know!

BubbaLou and I just watched Rudolph on t.v. We have the movie, but there is nothing like watching Christmas specials on t.v. We enjoyed cocoa, whipped cream , marshmallows, and of course some green Christmas sugar sprinkles. Magical!

It was the second time this week that we enjoyed marshmallows. Thomas the dog only got them the first time. Popsaroo built a bon fire the other night when I got home from work. Nothing says "Welcome Home" like a warm toasted marshmallow and hugs and kisses from the dog, the daughter, and the big hunk of man that built that roaring fire!

Okay, so he had a little trouble getting it started, but he succeeded and came through with hot dogs and marshmallows. Did I mention that Popsaroo had to scour several grocery stores earlier in the evening to find the big marshmallows. BubbaLou blamed it on the Thanksgiving rush and Popsaroo went along with it.

Mmmmm. Toasted Marshmallowy goodness! You better watch out, Thomas the dog will eat them right off the stick when you aren't looking. However, he does spit them out because he burns his mouth and then gobbles them all up! A burned mouth is no excuse for not eating a marshmallow.

I love the fact that God gave man the idea for fire, and then for marshmallows, and finally the common sense to put them together.
~me

1 comments from my readers:

Anonymous said...

um..that first shot just made me HUNGRY...you are not supposed to do that people:)

Thanks for your kind words on my blog- means so much