Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cookies and Home

BubbaLou had a brownie party to attend not to long ago, and I needed to send cookies for her to decorate. I was short on time and planned to run by Publix and pick up some sugar cookies from their bakery. This turned out to be the one and only time Publix let me down, they didn't have any made. In their defense, they offered to make me some but it would take about twenty minutes. I couldn't wait, I figured I would just pick up some of those Pillsbury sugar cookies-you know, the ones that are already cut and you just have to plop them on the cookie sheet. I picked up 3 packs since they were on sale and headed home. Popsaroo had tagged along, so I asked him on the way home, "Have you by any chance seen my cookie sheets?"
"Yeah, they are in the back yard, " he said.
"In the back yard?!"
"Yeah, we were using them as home plate." He said this like this was an everyday occurrence to have your wife's cookie sheets out in the back yard for softball practice!
"What am I supposed to make cookies on?" I asked. I knew at that point what the answer was, Mum's cookie sheets!

I took those cookies over to Mum's house and baked them up and sent BubbaLou off to her Brownie party just in the nick of time. She had fun decorating them with her friend, Bubbles who had fun decorating the cookies that she brought(I don't know the story behind her cookies.)

Now, I am still without cookie sheets. I am not bringing those things back in the house! So, I was looking in the fridge this morning, and noticed that one of the packets of Pillsbury cookies was not lying just right, so I picked it up, and it was EMPTY, except for one unbaked cookie! BubbaLou and Popsaroo(I don't think either one of them was in it alone) had eaten up a whole package of cookie dough! c'est la vie....I popped the last one in my mouth and laughed!

1 comments from my readers:

Anonymous said...

Carmen - I do love your blog. Charming. That is the perfect word. Absolutely charming! It is impossible to peruse without grinning. Oh, and the cookie sheets as home plate - classic. That is totally something my daughter would do. The things I have found out in the pasture. Yikes! Lol.
I'm so relieved your ornament was alright with you. I was hoping you didn't open it up and think, "Bleck!" :)
May you and your precious family hae a safe, healthy, peaceful, and joyous holiday as we celerate Jesus' birth.

Blessings and prayers from Missouri - Melody