Monday, July 28, 2008

Mom, Where Can I get a Caramel Apple?

BubbaLou got a hankering for a caramel apple tonight. She came to me asking where she could get one. "At the Savannah Candy store!" I replied!

Yup, I thought I was funny. She was serious. She wanted a caramel apple, so she turned around and high-tailed it to Popsaroo to ask him. Next thing I know, they had conspired together and headed for our neighborhood Publix after Popsaroo ask me where the caramel is in the store.
I directed him to the produce department where they have those easy caramel wraps. He comes back with individually wrapped caramels. The bag even had a recipe on the back! He thought he was so smart.
"What about the sticks?" I ask. He pointed out that there were 5 free sticks in the bag. Once again, he thought he was so smart.
He brought 4 shiny apples home and 2 bags of caramels. We only used 1 bag.

I started unwrapping those little caramels. BubbaLou joined in to help me. Do you know there are like 50 caramels in those bags? This ended up being the hardest thing about the whole thing.

BubbaLou stuck the free sticks in the apples.
We used the microwave to melt those gooey caramels. It worked so well, and in only 3 minutes.

BubbaLou was 3 minutes closer to her caramel apple! She set to covering that apple with who knows how much caramel!
One bag only made 3 apples(large delicious)! The first two were perfect, the last one was a bit spooky! Popsaroo ate that one, said it had, "Character."
BubbaLou took a big bite, and maybe 9 more and she was full. We put hers in the fridge for tomorrow. Popsaroo and I ate ours, except for the cores and Thomas the dog got those!


Mom, I'm ready for my midnight snack! ~BubbaLou

1 comments from my readers:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! And what a great dad to go out and get that stuff. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Thanks so much for the birthday card - I never could get all those candles lit!

You didnt miss the post - I back dated it. Im trying to get everything in date order for my summer blog book - so even though I dated it 7/22 - it wasnt posted until 7/30! Tricky!

Hope all is well with you guys. Let us know when you come to Nashville - we still are talking about our Florida trip!

Donna