Sunday, May 18, 2008

Oh, the Drama!

It is amazing to me how much drama one person can cause! BubbaLou is always keeping us on the edge of our seats with all the drama that plays out around here!

Last week, she caused so much of a commotion, that I can only share now.

We went to visit Mums one day after school. It was supposed to be an enjoyable visit so that she could relax and play with her friends next door. It turned into Act I of The Foot Incident....

Act I
BubbaLou runs over next door to find her friends. She comes back with them and something stuck right in the middle of her heel. Seeing as how her friends were hanging over her foot like a vulture over a juicy morsel, I took her to the back room with Mums to get the something out of her foot.

You never heard such caterwauling before I even touched her. Armed with a clean enough needle and tweezers, I attempted to dislodge the something from her heel. At least I would have if I could have caught her foot. That was the jumpiest foot I have ever seen. Mums had to hold her down. It still jumped. We soaked her foot, it still wouldn't come out. Emotions were high, BubbaLou and I both were sweating, and well, I think I need to get my eyes checked!


I finally gave up and figured Popsaroo and I would be able to get this done together later that evening. I sent her friends home and told them the show was over. We made our way back to our little home and awaited Popsaroo's arrival.

Act II
Popsaroo gets home. BubbaLou really doesn't want to go through this again, but well, she must. The caterwauling started all over again and that foot jumped just as much as before. We couldn't get it out. We finally decided that she would have to go to the doctor to get it dug out. Of course we had threatened this the entire time, and mentioned scalpels and such so she would keep her heel still for us. Didn't work, and neither did I the next day since I had to call off work so I could take her to the doctor.
Act III

The doctor's office got us in by 10:30 the next morning. The doctor got her tools together and numbed her foot up with the cold stuff and started digging. I had to hold BubbaLou down, but of course she is so strong, she pushed me away as she sat up and cried, "I feel like I am having a baby!" The doctor is not used to BubbaLou's dramatics and by the look on her face, she almost fell over by that comment. She finally recovered enough to chuckle and said, " You just have no idea kid!" I finally got her down again, and she once again shoved me aside to declare, "I feel like I am having an operation!" All I can do is laugh. The doctor was finally able to pull out 3 very tiny pieces of glass like substance and BubbaLou gave a long sigh of relief. The doctor put a dressing on her heel with some antibiotic ointment and gave us her blessing to return home. BubbaLou loved her cast as she calls it!

Act IV
Dressing change time that night came around and I decided that a little cream and a band aid was all that was needed. BubbaLou felt differently. It had hurt too bad and caused her too much angst to only get a band aid. She recycled her bandage and added some silk tape. Now she was ready for school.




Act V

Popsaroo took BubbaLou to school the next morning, it was Field Day. They were walking to class when he looked down and noticed that she wore only one sock and had her dressing nicely visible on the other foot. She was prepared to show her war wound. According to her, she enjoyed it immensely.

Such drama!

0 comments from my readers: