Sunday, April 27, 2008

I found it!

Look what I found at Costco! My very own, personalized stainless steel flatware. I could hardly believe it. Destiny... that is what it was, destiny!

Anyhoo, I was in the market for some new decent flatware because mine was suffering from a bad case of corrosion. See, Mums loves to find good deals at the Home Shopping Network store and she found me a beautiful set of golden flatware for $10. This $10 however, proved to be one of those, "you get what you pay for deals." They would turn colors on you in a second if you got them near water or vinegar. So, I have been throwing them away once ruined and my flatware drawer was getting sparse.

I had a little green in my pocket and decided to splurge! I mean, who could pass up flatware named in your honor. I figured this was a once in a lifetime chance, because this flatware had my name on it!

I brought them home, unpacked them, washed them, and then placed them in my flatware drawer. I called BubbaLou in the kitchen to show her, and we both looked down and sang, "Ahhhhhhh."

I have decided that I need a new flatware caddy, maybe a wicker one instead of the ancient plastic one that I have now. Maybe some new drawer liners too! This is so exciting! Hmmm, I will just see what I can find.

1 comments from my readers:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Those fancy gold stainless steel silver sets did not cost $10; they were 50% off the outlet store price of @9.99.

I believe that is $4.99 and 1/2 cent for each 112 piece set and my have not had that problem.

But maybe I don't use mine all that much. I save them for really fancy ocassions, like high tea.

Love, Mums