Monday, March 3, 2008

A reason to celebrate!


Irish Link for the day: The Legend of the Shamrock


I always look forward to St. Patrick's Day. I do have a Scots-Irish background and I am married to Popsaroo who has a very Irish name. Three Irish surnames to be exact and he roots for Notre Dame. How can we not celebrate the Irish this month and all that St. Patty did? I for one, believe that it is a great time to celebrate our ancestors and our love for the green!




Last year, we celebrated the day by going to Downtown Disney, enjoying the Irish gift shop and listening to a wee bit of Irish music. We don't drink the green beer, so we find other things to do...like look for leprechans.

The year before, we went to O'brien's Pub for lunch, and Popsaroo and BubbaLou beat me there. I missed it when, Paul, the Irish singer sang a song to his "new friend, BubbaLou."

This year, I must work on the happy green St. Patty's day. I will wear a bit o'green and will have my celebration here, on my blog, and hopefully find a fun celebration on the 15th. Because, as James(the new physical therapist from England) says, "The Irish will celebrate anything!"

0 comments from my readers: