Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Garden

Your feet will bring you to where your heart is ~IRISH PROVERB


Today was jam packed full of simple and good things. Way too much to share in just one post! So I thought I would start off with the simple things and add in a few blessings as I go.

Popsaroo, BubbaLou, and myself, went to the Renaissance Festival today. It was held at the grounds behind Mosi, our kids science museum. We had to park and walk, but we found the most serene garden along the way- the butterfly garden. BubbaLou loves butterfly gardens. She keeps saying she wants to plant one, maybe we will do that.

When we first walked into the screened room, we just saw plants. We had to start really looking for the butterflies.


This is the first one we found. Resting on some Pentas. These are great flowers to grow down here, they just bloom and bloom. It usually is the very end of summer when the Pentas start to look leggy, but they will still be blooming.
Then we found this one on the screen. Why isn't it on a flower? I guess it preferred the scenery. We couldn't find anymore, and then we looked up. They were all over the ceiling. I guess they like to hang upside down. Who knew?
Instead of staying put and counting the butterflies, we moved on towards the festival. We could hear the crowds cheering behind the trees and we were anxious to be in on the show.
So long little butterflies, maybe we will plant a garden for you too.
Bless to me, O God, the earth beneath my feet,
Bless to me, O God, the path whereon I go,
Bless to me, O God, the people whom I meet,
Today, tonight, and tomorrow.
~Celtic Blessing


Heb 9:5
Above the Box were the winged creatures representing God's presence, with their wings spread over the place where sins were forgiven.

If butterflies look like this, I wonder what the wings of angels look like......

0 comments from my readers: