Saturday, February 16, 2008

Coyotes and Checkmarks

I love the way that God made children. He made them so sweet and cheerful so that when they get on your very last nerve, your heart will still melt for them. He also made them extremely witty and funny.

BubbaLou excells in the witty and funny. She comes up with the stuff that will make you blow coke out your nose because you are laughing so hard! I only wish I had written down the thousands of times she has made me laugh. Or made Popsaroo laugh.

One time when she was three, she was already making blueprints of pranks to pull on old Popsaroo. She had logged several hundred hours of cartoons and thought she had those pranks down pat. She was just waiting for the right moment to get poor Popsaroo. They were outside one day and a water bucket was available. She grabbed the bucket and poured some water on the porch and called Popsaroo over, and when he didn't fall down like she had planned, she said,"Popsaroo, you didn't slip on the water like they do in the cartoons!" She was really shocked that her plan had failed. I think she identified with the coyote that is always after the roadrunner that day.

She often takes me by surprise with her observations in life. Isn't it funny how kids notice things that adults often overlook. We can watch the same commercial 15oo times and still not pick up on some little detail that they do. That is why I find some tv shows extremely scary.

The other day I was scraping my cupboard for breakfast foods and I made some potatoes for breakfast-okay steak fries. As she was dipping her fries into her ketchup she must have been examining them. All at once she became very excited. She held it up and said,"Look, this potato looks like the Vonage check mark!" She dipped it in ketchup and held it up again and with a great big smile on her face, she said," See! It really does look like the Vonage check mark!" She ate it before I could even think to snap a picture of it.

Only a child could get excited about a Vonage checkmark frenchfry. It's not like the potato looked like Elvis. If it had looked like Elvis, we could have sold it on Ebay and vacationed in some far off tropical land.


I am so glad that my God has blessed me with my kid! Thanks to Him for making her so much fun! What a blessing.

0 comments from my readers: