Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's the Simple Things

Have you ever wondered why it is the simple things in life that can make or break your day? I love to look back at my day and remember the simple things that made me stop, even if for a second, and thank the Good Lord above for these simple details that made my day!


Haley and I were on our way to and from swim practice the other day and we actually saw a handful of simple things that just tickled us pink! The first was this lazy cat, taking a nap on the very top of the roof. We even turned the car around and pulled up and took its picture. We were a few moments late for swim, but it was for a simple thing that mattered.


On the way home that night, we saw Pepe the little baby donkey that lives in the pasture behind the pool. He is so cute and we look for him every time we pass by. Two girls were feeding and petting him. I would have pulled over and taken a picture, but their bikes were in the way and I had someone behind me. Closer to our house we saw a dog running along beside a bull, like they were the best of friends. I love to watch the relationships between animals-they can truly be friends. When we pulled up to the house, the sky was very pretty. I was just able to take a deep breath and relax knowing that God had His hands on everything. My camera doesn't do it justice, but God's watercolors are amazing.


What was my simple thing for today, you ask? My daughter's art. Yes, we had come home from church and she had been playing in the yard. I went to put some clothes in the dryer, and out of the corner of my eye, through the window, I spied her art. Her yard art. Her rural yard art. It made me smile and laugh! Who knew she had it in her for such modern expressions art?

The collage of yard tools- by Haley


Ecc 7:29 This is all that I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated.

2 comments from my readers:

Anonymous said...

love it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing so much of your life and the life of your family with your friends. God is doing some wonderful things in my life right now and the faith you share in your entries just encourages me in my journey with the Lord even more.
Thanks for keeping in touch!
Stephanie