Tuesday, November 20, 2007

THE SHELF

Here is a little known fact about me, I collect sheep. Or rather, I used to collect sheep, now I look at my collection all neatly arranged on a shelf in my living room. So don't go getting any bright ideas about gifts, I have no more room! I now have a child, a dog, and a husband that have their allotted space.

My daughter has the most allotted space. She is collecting stuffed animals, any and all stuffed animals, and she doesn't need anymore either. She feels sorry for them when she comes across them, I hear, "Don't they need a good home, Mom?" Ugh!!!!! I wonder if this is how my mom felt about my sheep? Proably not, since my they are mostly pottery and my mom loves to collect pottery and figurine hands.

The dog is easy, he only collects fleas. He destuffs his toys and tears them to shreds, which take up very little space. I find stuffing strewn throughout the house, a arm to a stuffed chipmunk, or tail to a stuffed alligator, but overall he just requires a clean up crew.

My husband, so near and dear to my heart, has recently began going to comic book conventions. He has started collecting superhero figurines. That is such a boy thing to do, isn't it? Not only is he collecting for himself, he is collecting for my daughter! Who said she could have two collections? He brought home a WonderWoman bobble head figurine doll for the shelf in her room. You should have seen the ceremony with which he placed Wonder Woman upon her shelf along with the other Wonder Woman trinkets he has aquired on past trips (all for Haley). I am sure actors handle their Oscar's with just as much pride. Just remember, this is Haley's collection. HA!
He then unveils a box, and removes an Underdog figurine, his favorite. He says, with great conviction, "This is going on THE SHELF!" I know right away what shelf he is talking about, my sheep shelf. I think he thought I would argue, but I didn't. I never knew he had such envy, just waiting and wanting to place something on my sheep shelf! I just laughed and said, "Go ahead." I mean, it was a cute little Underdog.
He placed him high on the top middle shelf where he can't be missed. I officially now have a Super UnderSheepDog amongst my collection of sheep. Maybe the new UnderSheepDog will give shoe(hoof)shines to my sheep and keep the dust away! Yeah, just what I thought, he proably doesn't shine sheep.




0 comments from my readers: